They won’t miss the meat in this ultra-lean quick-prep warmer that practically cooks itself.
- 1 (29 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can red kidney beans drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 c. chopped brown mushrooms 4 oz.
- 1 c. chopped onions
- 1 c. chopped peppers
- 1 tbsp. chili seasoning mix
- 1/3 c. jarred jalapeño pepper slices drained, chopped, (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
Add tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, onions, peppers, and seasoning mix to slow cooker; thoroughly stir.
If desired, for a spicier chili, add jalapeño peppers. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3–4 hrs. or on low for 7–8 hrs. If desired, serve sprinkled with cilantro leaves.