Faster than takeout — and healthier, too — this chicken dish packed with veggies and mandarin oranges in a sweet ’n’ tangy sauce is sure to become a family favorite.
- 2 tbsp. thick teriyaki sauce or marinade
- 1 tbsp. sweet Asian chili sauce
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 8 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 3 c. frozen Asian-style stir-fry vegetables
- 1 1/2 c. bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange segments packed in juice (not drained)
In small bowl, combine teriyaki, chili sauce, ginger, and 1 tbsp. water. Mix well. Heat greased wok (or large skillet) over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sprinkle with remaining seasonings.
Add veggies and bean sprouts. Cook and stir about 5 min. until chicken is cooked through and veggies are hot and tender. Add sauce mixture and orange segments. Cook and stir until hot, about 2 min.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.