Chocolate cupcakes get dressed up in their Easter best with vanilla-scented buttercream frosting and mini rosebuds that are a cinch to create with icing tubes.
- 1 1/2 c. butter at room temp.
- 3 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Blue concentrated food coloring
- 24 chocolate cupcakes
- 2 (4.25 oz.) tubes pink decorating icing fitted with rose tips
- 1 (4.25 oz.) tube green decorating icing fitted with leaf tip
On medium speed, beat butter 2 min. or until fluffy. On low speed, gradually beat in sugar, then vanilla until blended. On medium-high speed, beat until frosting is light and fluffy. Tint blue with food coloring; transfer to pastry bag fitted with star tip.
Pipe or spread blue frosting over cupcakes. Using pink icing, pipe on rosebuds. Add green icing leaves. Garnish with sprinkles.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.