We gave classic tomato-topped bruschetta an irresistible upgrade with creamy guacamole and tangy feta cheese.
- 12 (½" thick) slices crusty Italian bread
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. tomatoes, seeded, chopped, 1½ cups
- 1/4 c. chopped red onions
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil + ½ cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 c. guacamole
- 1/3 c. crumbled feta cheese
Heat grill to medium-high. Brush both sides of bread with 3 Tbsp. oil. Grill, flipping once, until lightly toasted, 1–2 min. per side; reserve.
In large bowl, mix tomatoes, onions, chopped basil, garlic, salt, pepper, and remaining oil. Divide guacamole evenly among toasts. Top with tomato mixture, feta cheese, and basil leaves.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.