Craving a little comfort? If you’re looking for a fun new way to get your greens in while also indulging just a little, we’ve got the treat for you. While the thought of both spinach and green beans in a single dish might seem a little over the top, we promise that our Green Bean Casserole With Spinach and Crispy Onions is sure to add a savory kick to your daily veggie servings. This creamy comfort-food casserole combines creamed spinach with buttery green beans in two simple steps — and the cook time is under 30 minutes! So go ahead and create the gooey, cheesy, high-nutrient treat of your dreams. Top the casserole with crispy fried onions — you’ve had that salad lunch, might as well reward yourself come dinnertime!
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped onions, thawed
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 pkg. (5.2 oz.) Boursin Garlic & Fine Herb Cheese
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg. (20 oz.) frozen French cut green beans, thawed
- 1/3 cup canned French fried onions
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add thawed onions. Cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until tender and lightly browned, 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half and cheese, then spinach, salt, nutmeg, and pepper until cheese melts. Stir in green beans. Cook, stirring often, until hot, 5-7 minutes. Serve sprinkled with French fried onions.
Kitchen time: 15 minutes. Total time: 35 minutes.
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 195
- Protein: 5 g
- Fat: 13 g. (8 g. saturated)
- Cholesterol: 36 mg
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Sodium: 340 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 6 g