Recreate a childhood favorite with this divine Chocolate and Peppermint Slice recipe. In just four easy steps, you’ll have a wonderful treat that’s best shared with loved ones over a cup of tea. To make our Chocolate and Peppermint Slice, follow the recipe below.
- 8 oz. chocolate ripple cookie
- 5 oz. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cup pure icing sugar
- 3/4 tsp. peppermint essence
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. milk, approximately
- 7 oz. dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil, extra
- Grease an 8×11 brownie pan.
- Process the cookies until fine. Combine the cookie crumbs and butter in a medium bowl. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until the mixture is firm.
- Sift the icing sugar into a medium bowl. Stir in the essence, oil, and enough of the milk to make a firm, spreadable paste. Spread the paste evenly over the base. Stand until set.
- Spread combined melted chocolate and extra oil evenly over peppermint layer. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into slices with a large, hot knife.
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Women’s Weekly Food.